In the pressure cleaning process pressure washers or pressure washer burners are used to clean different surfaces. They are very similar to pressure pumps, but slightly larger in size. These pressure washers are very commonly used to clean places like walkways, patios, fences and walls. High-pressure steam can be used for deep cleaning purposes.
How do Pressure Washer Burners Work?
Not all pressure washers have heating options. Mostly they have cold water pressure. However, this does not mean that the washing is not effective. Not to confuse high pressure cleaning with high temperature water, these pressure washers can clean any surface with room temperature water coming from the faucet. The usually use a detergent solution combined with water to clean away all the dirt and grime.
On the other hand, pressure washer burners can effectively turn cold water from the faucet into hot water. The high-pressure hot water is the most effective form of pressure cleaning. This allows for grime and dirt to be removed that is even years old. The result is a more hygienically cleaned space, since the high temperature also kills most bacteria that may have grown due to the grime. These burners use fuel to convert cold water into high temperature and high-pressure steam.
Portable Pressure Washer Burners
Portable burners are excellent for larger spaces that have to be cleaned using the pressure washer. They have a number of benefits over stationary burners that make them an attractive choice:
- Mobility: Carry portable burners anywhere with you. The burner tank is placed on a specially built cart with wheels.
- Storage: The portable burners can easily be stored anywhere. Just drag them in the storage closet.
- Rust Proof: The entire body of the burner is rust proof; it is made of stainless steel that is powder coated.
- Thermostat: These portable burners come with an adjustable thermostat so that you can choose the temperature setting.
- Safety: Portable burners are much safer to use as there are no long hoses in the way to get tangled in. Plus, they come with a safety latch that turns it off if pressure reaches too high.
Stationary Pressure Washer Burners
Stationary burners are the second option that is available for pressure cleaning. As the name suggests, these pressure washer burners are immobile. They also run on fuel to change cold water into hot water. They are also a top choice among users. Here are their main benefits:
Safety: Stationary burners also come with a safety latch that turns it off if the pressure is too high.
- Storage: A stationary burner is fixed in a particular place where a fuel inlet is attached to it.
- Fuel Capacity: Since they are stationary, they can have larger fuel capacities.
- Rust Proof: The entire body of a stationary burner is rust and corrosion proof. The body and the heating coils are made of stainless steel that is powder coated.
- Weight: They weigh a lot more than portable burners and can be as heavy as 400 lbs.
- Thermostat: Stationary burners also come with an adjustable thermostat so that you can choose your preferred temperature setting.