What are Sewer Jetters?
Sewer jetters with top quality sewer jetter hoses are all that is needed to carry out a scheduled cleaning of all the drainages and sewers in your building. Cleanings the sewerage pipes and drains is definitely a dirty job, which has now become easy with the use of these highly portable sewer jetters. These jetters are often attached to trucks or tankers.
A sewer jetter is a type of pressure washer that cleans away clogged pipes and drains efficiently. They work by sending high pressured water down the drainage pipes at pressures of up to 4,000 PSI. All the clogs are then cleared by the sewer drain nozzle which makes it way down the pipe.
Sewer Jetter Hoses
The most important part of these sewer jetters are the sewer jetter hoses. Often there is large size residue in the pipes that needs cleaning, for this high flow of water is required. This can only be achieved by the use of large diameter sewer jetter hoses. Here are their most important features:
- Manufactured using top-grade polyolefin thermoplastic and then reinforced with synthetic fiber.
- Resistant to temperatures between -40°C to 50°C enable for use in varying temperatures.
- Abrasion, fungus and mold resistant cover made of polyether-urethane. This makes the surface anti-slick.
- Large sewer jetter hoses can withstand a minimum burst pressure of 6,000 PSI.
Use a Sewer Jetter Hose to Convert Your Pressure Pump into a Sewer Jetter
If you have a pressure pump, you can very easily convert it into a sewer jetter using sewer jetter hoses. Here is how:
- Make sure that your pressure pump is near a source of water and electricity.
- Now attach the pressure washer hose to the pressure washer. Use the wand to clean the drainage from the inside and outside.
- Once that is done, now you can use to clean the pipes from the inside. For that you will need to attach a sewer jetter hose to the pressure pump. Now attach to it the required sewer nozzle for the job. After that your pressure pump is ready to be used as a sewer jetter.
Maintenance of Sewer Jetter Hoses
Sewer hoses need to be properly stored so that they are not damaged by environmental and climatic conditions. For this sewer jetter hose assemblies are also available. With these assemblies you can easily store away the sewer hose properly. However, when purchasing an assembly make sure that it has the capacity of storing the entire length of the hose.
Another thing which is important to note is that these hoses can crack or turn brittle in extremely cold temperatures. So if the winter season where you live is very severe then you will have to store the sewer hoses in a heated storage area. If that is not available, then after every time hose is used, fill it with a mixture of water and anti-freeze. This will prevent the hose from cracking under the extreme cold weather conditions.