An ideal wet-dry vacuum cleaner should be user-friendly and comes in a variety of shapes and sizes to meet specific household requirements. These cleaning tools may come in small cordless units to the larger commercial variants that are outfitted with capacity tanks with sizes ranging from 10 to 18 gallons. Being simple in operation and design, these electric cleaning tools are priced competitively. Their price does not vary much from that of the regular household vacuum cleaner.
Key Considerations in Selecting Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- Frequency of Use – Before buying your vacuum cleaner, it is important that you determine how often you expect to use the wet-dry vac. If it is primarily for your car and occasional home cleaning, then a light and portable unit might suffice. However, if you expect that you will require one for household mishaps and heavy-duty mess, then you might consider one that is outfitted with larger capacity tanks and a stronger motor.
- Type of Home Cleaning and Required Cleaning Solution – Most vacuum cleaners are equipped with one or more nozzles and two rigid extension wands. These nozzles are designed for specific sizes of debris. There is a specific nozzle that is appropriate for large objects while another nozzle is suited to small debris and minute particles. The rigid extension wands are used in cleaning hard to reach areas and high places.
- Requirements of the Area to be Cleaned – If you are expecting to clean a relatively small area, then your cleaning activity may not require a long power cord and suction hose. However, you will definitely need a long power cord and suction hose to clean high places and out-of-the-way spots in the home and surroundings. Choose the unit with a longer power cord when you will be using the wet-dry vacuum cleaners in places where there are no sufficient power outlets.
- Determine Power and Tank Capacity Requirements – Most of us would choose a specific vacuum cleaner based on the rated horsepower or peak horsepower. However, the more important element to consider is amperage. Higher amperage results to stronger sucking power. Tank capacity ranges from 1 gallon unit to 18 gallon variant. In determining the actual debris capacity of a specific tank, you should remember that it is about 20% less than the rated volume capacity.
- Added Features Required – Maneuverability and storage requirement becomes an issue when buying vacuum cleaners with larger storage tanks. It is essential to choose those units that are equipped with wide set of wheels and lower profile as these units don’t easily tip over. Select from the range of wet-dry vacuum cleaners that easily converts to a blower for more functionality.
This article may only be re-published in complete form without editing.
Contact us for permission to re-publish this article at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The publisher of these pages is in no way responsible for any damage caused to you, your pressure washer, anyone else, your property, or anyone else's property by trying to implement or by successfully implementing the above-mentioned performance and services.